Tours to South Africa
Tours in South Africa, which are offered to Russian travelers by the South African tour operator, will allow travelers not only to enjoy the luxury of hotels and resorts and impeccable service, but also to appreciate the excellent cuisine and famous wines! Unique wildlife, penguins living next to antelopes and crocodiles, fantastic Dragon Mountains, Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, the legendary Cape of Good Hope and beautiful national reserves, beaches and ocean waves, unusual places for active water recreation and the best hunting make your vacation in South Africa unforgettable.
Traveling in South Africa is a mixture of ancient African cultures and modernity, excellent roads, no problems in communicating with the local population.
This vast country is undoubtedly one of the most culturally and geographically diverse places on Earth. Affectionately referred to as the “Rainbow Nation” by the locals, South Africa has 11 official languages and its multiethnic people are influenced by a surprising mix of African, Asian and European cultures.
Here you will discover fine restaurants, spectacular art venues and vibrant nightlife, as well as the beautiful beaches of Cape Town; enjoy a typical local braai (barbecue) in the settlement of Soweto; plunge into the lively atmosphere of Indian markets in Durban; tasting world-famous South African wines at countless wineries scattered across the scenic Cape Winelands.
In addition, due to the rich and turbulent history of South Africa, there are many historical attractions, including the battlefields in Zululand in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg and Robben Island, located off the coast of Cape Town, which was a maximum security prison, in which Nelson Mandela spent 18 years.
Above all, South Africa’s attraction lies in its amazing wildlife, with an incredible variety of animals roaming freely in vast, unfenced reserves such as the world-famous Kruger National Park. With all this diversity, it’s no surprise that South Africa has quickly become the most popular tourist destination in Africa.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF SOUTH AFRICA
- Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. This is what readers of the American travel magazine Travel + Leisure think, putting the capital of South Africa in fifth place in the ranking of the best cities in the world, first in 2003, and then in 2004 and 2005. Cape Town is also number five on the BBC’s list of 50 places to visit in a lifetime.
- South Africa is home to the largest land mammal, the elephant, the smallest, the pygmy shrew, and the tallest, the giraffe.
- The world’s largest bird, the ostrich, and the largest flying bird, the bustard (kori), also live in South Africa.
- The world’s largest flower show can be seen in Namaqualand in August and September.
- The most luxurious train in the world – Rovos Rail – runs from South Africa to Tanzania and Zambia.
- The largest populations of white and black rhinos in the world live in the Shusluwe Umfolozi nature reserve.
- The world’s largest diamond (3025 carats) was found in South Africa.
- There are more plant species per hectare of the Cape of Good Hope Reserve than anywhere else in the world.
- Blyde River Canyon in Mpumalanga is the third largest in the world.
- Hermanus (Western Cape) has the only employee in the world’s only whale warning service. Here is also the best platform for observing these animals from the shore – they sometimes swim very close, up to two meters.
- There are about 4 thousand wine estates in the Cape Province, as well as farms for the production of brandy, cheeses, etc.