Battle Mountain, Nevada
Battle Mountain is a small town located in northern Nevada, with a population of just over 3,000 people. The town is situated in the high desert of Lander county and is surrounded by mountain ranges. The climate in Battle Mountain tends to be dry and arid, with temperatures ranging from the high 30s in the winter to the low 90s in the summer.
The town has a rich history dating back to its founding by ranchers and miners during the mid-1800s. It was officially incorporated as a city in 1949 and has been home to generations of families ever since. The economy of Battle Mountain is largely based on mining, ranching, and tourism. There are several schools located within the city limits, including Battle Mountain High School and Battle Mountain Elementary School.
The most notable landmark in Battle Mountain is the historic Sandman Hotel & Casino, which was established nearly 100 years ago and continues to be an important part of the community today. Other points of interest include nearby historical sites such as Buckaroo Town Museum and Miner’s Park. Additionally, there are plenty of outdoor activities available such as camping at nearby Lake Lahontan State Park or exploring one of many hiking trails throughout Lander County. With its unique blend of history, culture, nature, recreation opportunities, and friendly residents – it’s no wonder why so many people call Battle Mountain home!
Males: 1,464 (51.0%), Females: 1,407 (49.0%)
Zip code: 89820
Median resident age: 31.7 years
Median household income: $42,981
Median house value: $79,600
Races in Battle Mountain:
- White Non-Hispanic (71.4%)
- Hispanic (23.6%)
- Other race (11.8%)
- American Indian (3.9%)
- Two or more races (3.7%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (17.5%), Irish (12.7%), English (9.8%), United States (7.3%), French (4.3%), Italian (3.0%).
Elevation: 4512 feet
Land area: 1.8 square miles
Battle Mountain, Nevada is a small town located in the northern part of the state. It has a population of approximately 4,000 people and is growing steadily. The median household income is $31,000 and the median home value is around $150,000. The cost of living in Battle Mountain is relatively low compared to other parts of Nevada, especially in areas like Las Vegas or Reno. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment averages around $500 per month and groceries are fairly inexpensive as well. Utilities tend to be slightly higher than the national average but are still affordable for most residents.
The town itself offers many amenities that make it an attractive place to live such as a variety of restaurants, shopping centers, and recreational activities including golf courses and parks. There are also several public schools in the area that offer quality education at an affordable price. Despite its small size, Battle Mountain provides plenty of entertainment with its local movie theaters, bowling alleys, and community events like farmer’s markets and festivals throughout the year. While there may not be many job opportunities within the town itself, Battle Mountain does offer easy access to nearby cities like Elko where residents can find more employment opportunities if desired. In conclusion, Battle Mountain is an ideal place for those looking for an affordable yet comfortable lifestyle with plenty of activities available close by.
For population 25 years and over in Battle Mountain
- High school or higher: 79.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 13.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.7%
- Unemployed: 10.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Battle Mountain CDP
- Never married: 22.9%
- Now married: 60.0%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 11.2%
12.4% Foreign born (10.6% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Battle Mountain:
- BATTLE MOUNTAIN GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; BATTE MTN, NV)
- HUMBOLDT GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 75 miles; WINNEMUCCA, NV)
- NORTHEASTERN NV REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 84 miles; ELKO, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Battle Mountain:
- ELKO REGIONAL (about 81 miles; ELKO, NV; Abbreviation: EKO)
- ELY ARPT /YELLAND FLD/ (about 173 miles; ELY, NV; Abbreviation: ELY)
- TONOPAH TEST RANGE (about 197 miles; TONOPAH, NV; Abbreviation: TNX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Battle Mountain:
- BATTLE MOUNTAIN (about 7 miles; BATTLE MOUNTAIN, NV; Abbreviation: BAM)
- CRESCENT VALLEY (about 32 miles; CRESCENT VALLEY, NV; Abbreviation: U74)
- WINNEMUCCA MUNI (about 62 miles; WINNEMUCCA, NV; Abbreviation: WMC)
Colleges and Universities
Note: See jibin123 for a list of Nevada graduate schools.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Battle Mountain:
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 184 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)
- BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 200 miles; BOISE, ID; Full-time enrollment: 12,033)
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 212 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 4,615)
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO (about 215 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Full-time enrollment: 3,433)
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 223 miles; Carson City, NV; Full-time enrollment: 2,167)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 324 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,313)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-FRESNO (about 327 miles; FRESNO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 16,035)
Public high school in Battle Mountain:
- BATTLE MTN HS (Students: 366; Location: 425 WEAVER AVE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Battle Mountain:
- LEMAIRE, ELEANOR ELEM (Students: 273; Location: 985 WEST HUMBOLDT; Grades: 04 – 06)
- BATTLE MTN JUNIOR HIGH (Students: 221; Location: 650 ALTENBURG AVE; Grades: 07 – 08)
- PIERCE, ELIZA ELEM (Students: 178; Location: 330 EAST 6TH SOUTH; Grades: PK – 01)
- BLACK, MARY ELEM (Students: 157; Location: 450 EAST 6TH SOUTH; Grades: 02 – 03)